I LOVE TO READ

I LOVE TO READ
.SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS- Please be advised I am not taking any requests until 2015 due to ongoing illness. Please check back then to see if this has changed.only those I have agreed to before this will be reviewed Follow These Rules Exactly. Book Reviews here are my personal opinion only. I do not receive payment for reviews only digital copies or physical copies of the books to review. I also may review a copy I receive from the library or buy. I like paranormal, thriller, mystery, drama, human interest, intrigue etc. Let's face it most books. I do not read most science fiction but do make exceptions. I never read erotica, or extreme gore/ and language. I can only read one to two books weekly and review when writing myself. If you would like to have your book reviewed email me lilybrooksfield@gmail.com Preference given to Indie writers, (Ebooks preferred e-pub or kindle formats.)NO HATE MAIL Please do no contact me repeatedly, when finished I will email you. I grade from 1 to 5 stars, 5☆ being the best simply because I enjoyed the well-crafted story .I post to Amazon , if book is available there or Smashwords but only if provided link. Sometimes I will choose not to post a review if the book is unreadable or would score 1 or 2 ☆. Thank-you.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Review-Sacred Secrets, A Jacody Ives Mystery (Jacody Ives Mysteries)

Sacred Secrets, A Jacody Ives Mystery (Jacody Ives Mysteries)



Sacred Secrets, A Jacody Ives Mystery (Jacody Ives Mysteries) [Kindle Edition] Available at Amazon  http://amzn.to/w1MTO0 

Author Linda S. Prather & Charles, Jr. Prather 

  Jacody Ives has a secret and is well suited to solving the crime that haunts his sleep. He seeks absolution in solving what haunts him. Katie O’Connor is a woman who has been living with the knowledge she was at death’s door since she was a child but the door is opening wider and she hasn’t much time. An accident gives Katie the life she’s always wanted but the heart is a bridge to the killer and Katie’s past. Jacody’s and Katie’s lives are about to intersect with a psychic bond involving a serial’s killers actions, his victim haunting them both.
In the book Jacody states ”It all boils down to secrets who was hiding what and why?” Isn’t that what every good mystery is about and this one is definitely a better than average mystery.
This is a suspenseful story with intricate layers woven with great care and detail to make an exceptional read. I truly enjoyed this stunning mystery as the author drew me in and made me identify with both of the main characters. It reminded me of some of Tony Hillerman’s books with its mysticism and mythic legends woven into the story. Readers who enjoy his books would certainly enjoy this one. This book was one I could stop reading until its conclusion. I look forward to reading the prequel to this book The Gifts and any other material from this author.
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment