I LOVE TO READ

I LOVE TO READ
.SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS- Please be advised I am not taking any requests until 2015 due to ongoing illness. Please check back then to see if this has changed.only those I have agreed to before this will be reviewed Follow These Rules Exactly. Book Reviews here are my personal opinion only. I do not receive payment for reviews only digital copies or physical copies of the books to review. I also may review a copy I receive from the library or buy. I like paranormal, thriller, mystery, drama, human interest, intrigue etc. Let's face it most books. I do not read most science fiction but do make exceptions. I never read erotica, or extreme gore/ and language. I can only read one to two books weekly and review when writing myself. If you would like to have your book reviewed email me lilybrooksfield@gmail.com Preference given to Indie writers, (Ebooks preferred e-pub or kindle formats.)NO HATE MAIL Please do no contact me repeatedly, when finished I will email you. I grade from 1 to 5 stars, 5☆ being the best simply because I enjoyed the well-crafted story .I post to Amazon , if book is available there or Smashwords but only if provided link. Sometimes I will choose not to post a review if the book is unreadable or would score 1 or 2 ☆. Thank-you.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Review -Bury Her Deep

Bury Her Deep
Bury Her Deep
Available at Amazon http://amzn.to/unEnRd 
By Catriona MacPherson
       Bury Her Deep is the second book in the Dandy Gilver Series. Dandy Gilver is a wealthy farmer’s wife or so it appears to the outside world but the war and economy has altered their financial situation and Dandy has found a source for earning a little pin money. She has become a detective a secret she keeps from her husband Hugh by allowing him to think she is acting the society wife doing her husband proud by representing him in charities and the like. Dandy is approached by Hugh’s good friend and minister to solve the mystery of the Dark Stranger in a small village. The minister believes that the newly formed Women’s rural institute maybe the target of these attacks as all the woman have been at these meetings. The villagers like a lot of small villages keep to themselves and do not welcome strangers and their questions. Dandy has difficult getting to the heart of the mystery as the women who were attacked don’t want to even discuss it. When they do some of them raise the spectre of witchcraft being involved, Dandy dismisses it but then has to ask herself if she really has all the facts.
      While the story of this book sounds interesting and compelling, I had trouble delving into this book simply because I could not like the protagonist Dandy. I found Dandy an unlikeable character and because of some of the dialogue being in Olde English found myself struggling to understand what was happening in the book.That said Ms. Macpherson is an interesting writer and I may try another in the series and see if I like that better.
*** 3 stars out of five

No comments:

Post a Comment