I LOVE TO READ

I LOVE TO READ
.SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS- Please be advised I am not taking any requests until 2015 due to ongoing illness. Please check back then to see if this has changed.only those I have agreed to before this will be reviewed Follow These Rules Exactly. Book Reviews here are my personal opinion only. I do not receive payment for reviews only digital copies or physical copies of the books to review. I also may review a copy I receive from the library or buy. I like paranormal, thriller, mystery, drama, human interest, intrigue etc. Let's face it most books. I do not read most science fiction but do make exceptions. I never read erotica, or extreme gore/ and language. I can only read one to two books weekly and review when writing myself. If you would like to have your book reviewed email me lilybrooksfield@gmail.com Preference given to Indie writers, (Ebooks preferred e-pub or kindle formats.)NO HATE MAIL Please do no contact me repeatedly, when finished I will email you. I grade from 1 to 5 stars, 5☆ being the best simply because I enjoyed the well-crafted story .I post to Amazon , if book is available there or Smashwords but only if provided link. Sometimes I will choose not to post a review if the book is unreadable or would score 1 or 2 ☆. Thank-you.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Book Review-Homicide in Hardcover: A Bibliophile Mystery

Homicide In Hardcover


Book Review-Homicide in Hardcover: A Bibliophile Mystery
Available at Amazon http://amzn.to/tE0TSh
By Kate Carlisle


Brooklyn Wainwright is a skilled book restorer.She is obsessed with the restoration of books that even her own appearance comes last next to book restoration.
Brooklyn is at a museum reception enjoying a happy reconciliation with her life-long mentor, Abraham Karastovsky when that all ends later that evening in his death in a workroom.
With his final breath Abraham presses the supposedly cursed copy of Goethe's Faust that he has been restoring into her hands and pleads with her to "Remember the devil."
Now Brooklyn finds herself  deep in a mystery to save her reputation and her own neck .The British security agent Derek Stone (a James Bond type) assigned to protect the book (who at first believes her guilty of murder) gets in her way in Brooklyn in her search for the suspects when she is asked to finish the restoration that was begun by Abraham.Ian, her former fiancée who is in charge of the museum exhibit that contains the Faust, Minka LaBoeuf, a thieving, enemy who has hated Brooklyn since college, Enrico Baldacchio, a sleazy book restorer who skirts the law. Even Brooklyn's own mother isn't above suspicion. Brooklyn works to restore the book, uncover the truth and find the killer before the killer comes after her.
I thought I woud find the detailed descriptions of book restoration boring instead I found it interesting and I was amazed by the information given in the novel.The mystery itself  is fascinating and builds into an enjoyable conclusion. The growing relatonship between Derek and Brooklyn and the tension made for the reader really enjoying the deeping relationship between these two.Though it is limited to a kiss you can see how this relationship could build in other books in this series. All in all a excellent read.


*****  5 stars out of five

No comments:

Post a Comment