I LOVE TO READ

I LOVE TO READ
.SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS- Please be advised I am not taking any requests until 2015 due to ongoing illness. Please check back then to see if this has changed.only those I have agreed to before this will be reviewed Follow These Rules Exactly. Book Reviews here are my personal opinion only. I do not receive payment for reviews only digital copies or physical copies of the books to review. I also may review a copy I receive from the library or buy. I like paranormal, thriller, mystery, drama, human interest, intrigue etc. Let's face it most books. I do not read most science fiction but do make exceptions. I never read erotica, or extreme gore/ and language. I can only read one to two books weekly and review when writing myself. If you would like to have your book reviewed email me lilybrooksfield@gmail.com Preference given to Indie writers, (Ebooks preferred e-pub or kindle formats.)NO HATE MAIL Please do no contact me repeatedly, when finished I will email you. I grade from 1 to 5 stars, 5☆ being the best simply because I enjoyed the well-crafted story .I post to Amazon , if book is available there or Smashwords but only if provided link. Sometimes I will choose not to post a review if the book is unreadable or would score 1 or 2 ☆. Thank-you.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Review-Baked to Death(A Simon Kirby Novel)

Baked To Death


Baked to Death(A Simon Kirby Novel)
Available at Amazon http://www.amazon.ca/Baked-Death-Dean-James/dp/0758204884/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314407342&sr=1-6
By Dean James


Gay vampire Simon Kirby-Jones is working on his latest historical romance novel and fumbling relationships. Simon has to decide whether or not to court his research assistant Sir Giles when his former lover (who made him a vampire and then dumped him) comes back into his life. Tristian wants something and Simon is sure it's Simon he wants.Simon is  unsure what he, himself wants as his burgeoning feelings for his assistant are coming forward yet he still feels something for Tristian. As Sir Giles puts forward his medieval re-enactment that takes place next to the manor one of the re-enactors to the position of the crown is poisoned.Simon begins to wonder what is behind the murder and whether Tristian is really behind it.To protect himself and his position hiding as a vampire Simon looks into it. Together with Giles, and with the backing of the handsome and newly out of the closet police detective Robin, Simon investigates.
This mystery has a good solid story but a little more character development would have helped as we don't real see the love interests as clearly as would like to although that could be because this is book four in the series and I hadn't read the books before. A interesting take though on a gay vampire hiding in English society as a writer. I enjoyed reading it.




*** 1/2   Three and half stars out of five




.

No comments:

Post a Comment