I LOVE TO READ

I LOVE TO READ
.SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS- Please be advised I am not taking any requests until 2015 due to ongoing illness. Please check back then to see if this has changed.only those I have agreed to before this will be reviewed Follow These Rules Exactly. Book Reviews here are my personal opinion only. I do not receive payment for reviews only digital copies or physical copies of the books to review. I also may review a copy I receive from the library or buy. I like paranormal, thriller, mystery, drama, human interest, intrigue etc. Let's face it most books. I do not read most science fiction but do make exceptions. I never read erotica, or extreme gore/ and language. I can only read one to two books weekly and review when writing myself. If you would like to have your book reviewed email me lilybrooksfield@gmail.com Preference given to Indie writers, (Ebooks preferred e-pub or kindle formats.)NO HATE MAIL Please do no contact me repeatedly, when finished I will email you. I grade from 1 to 5 stars, 5☆ being the best simply because I enjoyed the well-crafted story .I post to Amazon , if book is available there or Smashwords but only if provided link. Sometimes I will choose not to post a review if the book is unreadable or would score 1 or 2 ☆. Thank-you.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Review of Pirate King

rev

Pirate King By Laurie R. King
Video  trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2L7s7ZDJDQ&feature=youtu.be
         If you haven’t read the series let me stop you right now and send you back to the beginning with The Beekeeper's Apprentice (1994) ISBN 0-312-10423-5    The Beekeeper's Apprentice is the first in the series of books about Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes. I never thought that anyone could do Holmes the justice that the original author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, but Laurie R. King comes awful close. Scroll down to below the list of the Sherlock Holmes and Mary Russell for the review of Pirate King.

A Monstrous Regiment of Women (1995) ISBN 0-312-13565-3
A Letter of Mary (1997) ISBN 0-312-14670-1
The Moor (1998) ISBN 0-312-16934-5
O Jerusalem (1999) ISBN 0-553-11093-4
(Although written fifth in sequence, the events in this book take place during the latter part of those described in The Beekeeper's Apprentice)
Justice Hall (2002) ISBN 0-553-11113-2
The Game (2004) ISBN 0-553-80194-5
Locked Rooms (2005) ISBN 0-553-80197-X
The Language of Bees (2009) ISBN 0-553-80454-5
The God of the Hive (2010) ISBN 0-553-80554-1





Image of Laurie R. King

Author:Laurie R.King


Review of Pirate King
I love Pirates of Penzance I was very excited but I wondered how Ms. King would take this story and use it with in a story about people making a movie. At first I was disappointed that Sherlock Holmes didn’t appear in the story until much, much later but as I followed along with Mary and her adventure I became intrigued with the story and the characters she was meeting. The background and research for this story was done well as are all her books the historical facts are extremely accurate and fun to read. I loved how she tied the story together with the movie making and the actual events that take place, however I must say I was still a little disappointed in how tiny the role of Sherlock Holmes there was in the book itself .It takes nearly two one third of the book before you really even read about Sherlock and then it seems to be more of an after-thought then the Sherlock Holmes she wrote about in previous books. That said the storyline was very good despite the missing Holmes and I did enjoy it. It was a rich fun story and if you like a great pirate story you will enjoy this book.
3★★★ out of  5  ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment