I LOVE TO READ

I LOVE TO READ
.SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS- Please be advised I am not taking any requests until 2015 due to ongoing illness. Please check back then to see if this has changed.only those I have agreed to before this will be reviewed Follow These Rules Exactly. Book Reviews here are my personal opinion only. I do not receive payment for reviews only digital copies or physical copies of the books to review. I also may review a copy I receive from the library or buy. I like paranormal, thriller, mystery, drama, human interest, intrigue etc. Let's face it most books. I do not read most science fiction but do make exceptions. I never read erotica, or extreme gore/ and language. I can only read one to two books weekly and review when writing myself. If you would like to have your book reviewed email me lilybrooksfield@gmail.com Preference given to Indie writers, (Ebooks preferred e-pub or kindle formats.)NO HATE MAIL Please do no contact me repeatedly, when finished I will email you. I grade from 1 to 5 stars, 5☆ being the best simply because I enjoyed the well-crafted story .I post to Amazon , if book is available there or Smashwords but only if provided link. Sometimes I will choose not to post a review if the book is unreadable or would score 1 or 2 ☆. Thank-you.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Review -Burnt Lake

Burnt Lake
by Micheal Brown

Available at Amazon http://amzn.to/ym8USD 
Burnt Lake


I have to preface this review with the fact that although I use to read a lot of science fiction in my teens, somewhere along the line I lost most of my interest in it. However a good apocalypse story can really peak my interest as this story does.
Burnt Lake is a short story about Mike who wants to be prepared in case he ever needs survivalist techniques. Mike is a tech junkie, a programmer but he prefers the wilderness to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. He goes into the wilderness of northern Ontario, to try out his survivalist techniques and while he is sleeping he is transported into a nightmarish future with no technology and man struggling to exist without it.  I don’t want to give too much away about the story so I’ll stop there. Mr. Brown certainly weaves an interesting story although it does take some patience to get to the bones of the story. I’d love to see a revisit to this story by this author of a longer nature and more of Amanda and Rain, but I feel this story is an interesting and compelling read of a future that could very well happen. This writer shows a lot of promise for future offerings from this author.

3 1/2 stars  out of five

No comments:

Post a Comment