I LOVE TO READ

I LOVE TO READ
.SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS- Please be advised I am not taking any requests until 2015 due to ongoing illness. Please check back then to see if this has changed.only those I have agreed to before this will be reviewed Follow These Rules Exactly. Book Reviews here are my personal opinion only. I do not receive payment for reviews only digital copies or physical copies of the books to review. I also may review a copy I receive from the library or buy. I like paranormal, thriller, mystery, drama, human interest, intrigue etc. Let's face it most books. I do not read most science fiction but do make exceptions. I never read erotica, or extreme gore/ and language. I can only read one to two books weekly and review when writing myself. If you would like to have your book reviewed email me lilybrooksfield@gmail.com Preference given to Indie writers, (Ebooks preferred e-pub or kindle formats.)NO HATE MAIL Please do no contact me repeatedly, when finished I will email you. I grade from 1 to 5 stars, 5☆ being the best simply because I enjoyed the well-crafted story .I post to Amazon , if book is available there or Smashwords but only if provided link. Sometimes I will choose not to post a review if the book is unreadable or would score 1 or 2 ☆. Thank-you.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Review-Atticus for the Undead by John Abramowitz

    Atticus for the Undead by John Abramowitz

Atticus for the Undead (Legal Fiction Series)



     First of all I have to say what a refreshing idea for a story this was as the main character Hunter Gamble  is a lawyer for the “supernaturals” or as the politically correct term in this story the “Arcanes”.In the vein of a Charlaine Harris novel the Arcanes  (Werewolves Mage, Vampires and Zombies)are out in the world and people are either accepting of them or terrified. The character of Hunter is a extremely focused lawyer and all around good guy that you really admire and like. The other characters are also well defined and enjoyable as well. There’s Kristen his colleague who is a whiz at finding helpful points of law but who is painfully shy, so she usually let’s Hunter present the cases in court. Then there is Sabrina Orr a new teenage client. At first annoying but she grows on you as only an emotionally developing teenager can.
As the story progresses Hunter is in the fight of his life when he has to defend a zombie from a murder charge. The district attorney Boyer wants to unseat Boone who wants to pass a law about the arcane and if he has to make an example of Hunter’s client to win, he’ll do it. Hunter also has the Salvation Alliance (the anti-arcane faction) gunning for him and his colleagues because of his defense of the arcane. I won’t tell you any more of the story because I don’t want to spoil it. However if you enjoy a good paranormal story or any or all of the TV series and/ or movie series ,True Blood, the Walking Dead and or the quirky Shaun of the dead you’ll enjoy this book from the prospective of their defence lawyer. This is an engrossing book that I just had to continue reading until its conclusion.
4 1/2 stars out of five

No comments:

Post a Comment